Which way is Faucet supposed to turn

Users who are viewing this thread

jmc123

Reaction score
Shower faucet assembly
Started to leak/drip out the spout
My son replaced the cold water valve assemnly for me.
Just noticed the cold water side seems to work backward
It thrns on clockwise and turns off Counter-clockwise

Is there an installation trick to adjust this?
all other faucets in the home turn off Clockwise.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Probably just got a cold stem intended for use with lever handles, which are usually CW ON.

For round handles, the "hot" or "h/c" stem is used on BOTH sides.

jmc123

Reaction score
Ok Thanks for the response.
Another anomaly is the Cold water cartridge won't come out. Could it have left hand threads?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IT could have, if you have lever handles, but usually it is part of a cartridge/subassembly which removes the conventional way, the same as the hot. If it did not come out in that manner, you could not have installed the "backwards" stem you put in. One question, you said he replaced the cold cartridge, but then say the cold cartridge will not come out. Which is it? A picture of what you are working with would help, because some stems can reverse the direction of opening/closing without removing them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks