Compatible washlet for American Standard Champion toilet with curved back

Users who are viewing this thread

PortlandBill

Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a suitable washlet seat for the attached American Standard round-seat toilet? There is approx.1.5" of relatively flat area behind the mounting holes (mid-point) with a further 2.5" of sharply curved base behind that.
Also are there any particular washlet models I should avoid?

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
That is the first thing I noticed when I saw the first Champion bowl a few years back. I don't think American Standard is into the whole washlet/bidet seat thing.

The Clean Sense and the Blooming Bidet will fit it.

If you have space in the bathroom, you would normally get the elongated bowl, especially for using a bidet seat.

Last edited:

PortlandBill

Reaction score
Thanks Terry and I will look into it.
Completely agree on the elongated bowl although as it's a rented property there is not much I can do about the round seat. Round doesn't seem to be designed for humans; not this human anyway.

PortlandBill

Reaction score
I went with the Blooming Bidet and it was a good fit. Your advice worked out well.
I'm closing on a house next week and it looks like it will fit one of the toilets there and I plan to buy a new washlet seat for the other bathroom.

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks