Fitting a 6' tub in a 5' bathroom?

Users who are viewing this thread

Bschulz

Reaction score
Going to remodel my bathroom on a lower floor of home that has a concrete floor. My intentions are to install an air jetted tub. Because of a return duct I can only move the back wall and part of another wall. I am thinking of possibility going with a 36" x 6' tub. Doing so I would have to create a bulk head on one wall to allow for the air return line on other side of wall. Here is a rendering what do you think?

bathroom6x36size.jpg

Thanks Bob

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The ones I've seen have the air turbine mounted under the slope at the rear of the tub. On many, you can remote it. It does need an air inlet to that space from a heated room. Many don't have an actual heater, but rely on compressing and blowing the air to do that (ever used a hand pump to blow up a tire? It gets hot!).

Bschulz

Reaction score
Sorry maybe I sounded a little confusing. The air return I was talking about is the cold air return to furnace. The ducting is the reason I have that bulkhead with the arch at head of tub. Im looking for opinions on appearance of bathroom with tub in a extended area like that.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks