No water out of faucets?

Users who are viewing this thread

the newcomer

Reaction score
What I think i did wrong the first time was not open a faucet while draining the two tanks and now there;s a buid up of pressure.

the newcomer

Reaction score
No, the bladder tank remains at good pressure.

Last edited by a moderator:

the newcomer

Reaction score
I've first cut off the power, drained it. Then filled it back up and turned to heater back on. Side note I think theres now an issue with my elements because when I turn the power back on there is no noise from within the heater.

the newcomer

Reaction score
The later, I have no pressure form either the cold or hot. Is there a way I can start over and see exactly where the problem is?

the newcomer

Reaction score
I think it might be air in the lines because the kitchen faucet for a couple seconds made this loud rough noise when I turned it on. But stopped after 3-4 seconds.

Reaction score
The short burst of air in the lines means there is an obstruction to the water between the well and house lines. A small amount of water is getting through to pressure up the lines a little but is is quickly disipated when the faucet is opened up. Becasue it affects both the hot and cold side of the faucets, the hot is not a concern right now. 1) Is there a side vavle by the pressure tank to make sure the well is pressured up and the gauge is not stuck at 65 lbs.?

the newcomer

Reaction score
There is a pressure gauge, but I'm sure it works fine, when I empty the tank it goes down to 40 psi.

Reaction score
you said earlier that the water heater filled up nicely. That means you had cold water pressure initially to fill the tank nicely before you turned on the electricity to the water heater. If you now have no pressure on either cold or hot, I would suspect no water pressure from the well and the gauge is stuck if still showing 65 lbs. OR an obstruction with the water softener and ultraviolet light.

the newcomer

Reaction score
the well pump works fine, cuts in at 45 psi or so and shuts off when the bladder gets to be 65 psi. No problem there.

the newcomer

Reaction score
It filled up nicely the first time, but now twice and three times of emptying abd filling, it seems to be taking longer to fill up. I see what you are saying with the obstruction, but I bypassed the softener and the water seems to be going throught the uv light to the HW tank, but really slowly. Maybe there is where my problem is? Can I start over from scratc? And eliminate one by one the issue?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Well, if you let all the pressure out of the tank, the gauge wouldn't read 40!

You may want to verify that the static (no pressure or water in the tank) pressure of the air in the bladder tank is set properly. It should be 1-2 pounds below the low cut-off pressure of your pump. Then, when the pump is turned back on, it should fill the tank and the pressure should go up to the high cutoff point. When you use water, it will drop to the low turn-on point, then the pump will turn on again. If the bladder tank's pressure (think of an air balloon or tire) isn't set, then you will not be storing any water in the bladder storage tank under pressure. The pump will turn on, and since the water can't compress, almost immediately hit the shut off pressure, and stop. This can ruin a pump.

Can you open ANY faucet and get water out under pressure anywhere? Hot or cold?

the newcomer

Reaction score
No I hear what you are saying but the pressure at the top when empty reads 28psi. I think I'm on 30/50, not sure cause when the tank fills, the pressure at the bottom gauge reads 65. I know 100% there's water in the bladder.

the newcomer

Reaction score
No it's weird, there is no pressure out of the faucets. Can i drain everything again and start over. And if so should i follow certain steps?

Reaction score
Is the pressure gauge on the water line near the pressure tank? A 2" diameter gauge with glass front and pressure range from 0 to 100 lb.? When the well is turned off and the water is allowed to drain off to no pressure, the gauge should also show 0 pressure (lbs.). However, the pressure in the tank bladder will remain in the 40 lb. range assuming a 40-60 lb. water well pressure cycle. It is tested by way of a hand held air pressure gauge, the same as testing the air in a car tire, via an air chuck on the top of the bladder tank.

the newcomer

Reaction score
then you will not be storing any water in the bladder storage tank under pressure. The pump will turn on, and since the water can't compress, almost immediately hit the shut off pressure, and stop. This can ruin a pump.

I think we are on to something here, so the bladder can fill and read 65 psi at the bottom but really have no pressure?

the newcomer

Reaction score
Pressure gauge is right beside bladderr tank at the bottom, when i drain it, I think it goes down to 40 but I can do it quikly now if you got the time. Thanks guys a lot. And should i be keeping a faucet open all this time.

Reaction score
still scratchin my head. You said the water heater filled nicely the first time and that the well has cycled tw0 or three times since then but is now cycling longer? Does that still mean you have no pressure on the hot and cold side water faucets? leave them open for starters.

the newcomer

Reaction score
No the HW tank filled up the first time to what seemed to be normal, than when I had no pressure, I drained the tank and started over now 3 times. now I am draining both tanks and faucets open. To test the gauge and air pressure. I really appreciate your help, you have no Idea what a happy husband you can make me tonight!!!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks