Valve ID Help, Peerless which was Delta's DTY line

Users who are viewing this thread

tedBalog

Reaction score
Hello Gents,

I'm looking to do a small renovation of my bathroom, one step of which is updating my shower hardware. Currently, I have a chrome escutcheon and an acrylic handle. Up and down control volume, whereas rotating left and right control H and C respectively.

I would like to update it to a brushed nickel handle, if possible without changing the valve. I don't have access to the rear of the valve.. I believe it might be a Delta 600 but no where on it does it say Delta. Here are some pictures:

delta-dty-01.jpg

delta-dty-02.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
It is probably a Peerless which was Delta's DTY line. It uses the Delta ball, similar to the model 601, but probably has an adapter to convert it to the knob handle. Your main problem will be to find new trim with both bolt holes at the bottom and the proper size valve opening, the new ones have the openings on a diagonal with one at the bottom left and the other at the top right with a large valve body opening.

tedBalog

Reaction score
Thanks HJ, is it possible to convert it from the acrylic knob to a handle? HD carries a cheap escutcheon which looks like it will fit but has an acrylic knob which I'd like to get away from without changing the valve if possible. Otherwise it will have to wait until I replace the vanity and can get behind the valve.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Delta's standard "old time" shower lever, and/or one from a lavatory will attach directly to the stem of the ball. It may work in "reverse", however, since the lever will be hanging down, while the "ball"s arrow was pointing "up".

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
What type of stem does your ball have? For the acrylic handle it may have been a diamond, whereas the levers will go on a round stem.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks