(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Valve ID Help, Peerless which was Delta's DTY line

Default Valve ID Help, Peerless which was Delta's DTY line

Hello Gents,

I'm looking to do a small renovation of my bathroom, one step of which is updating my shower hardware. Currently, I have a chrome escutcheon and an acrylic handle. Up and down control volume, whereas rotating left and right control H and C respectively.

I would like to update it to a brushed nickel handle, if possible without changing the valve. I don't have access to the rear of the valve.. I believe it might be a Delta 600 but no where on it does it say Delta. Here are some pictures:

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...130_100032.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...130_100543.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...130_100600.jpg

Thanks in advance.

It is probably a Peerless which was Delta's DTY line. It uses the Delta ball, similar to the model 601, but probably has an adapter to convert it to the knob handle. Your main problem will be to find new trim with both bolt holes at the bottom and the proper size valve opening, the new ones have the openings on a diagonal with one at the bottom left and the other at the top right with a large valve body opening.

Thanks HJ, is it possible to convert it from the acrylic knob to a handle? HD carries a cheap escutcheon which looks like it will fit but has an acrylic knob which I'd like to get away from without changing the valve if possible. Otherwise it will have to wait until I replace the vanity and can get behind the valve.

Delta's standard "old time" shower lever, and/or one from a lavatory will attach directly to the stem of the ball. It may work in "reverse", however, since the lever will be hanging down, while the "ball"s arrow was pointing "up".

What type of stem does your ball have? For the acrylic handle it may have been a diamond, whereas the levers will go on a round stem.