Moen Models? Posi-Temp

Users who are viewing this thread

dkdaniel

Reaction score
Hi All! I've been researching how to repair my Moen shower faucet. I've found many helpful online videos on fixing the Moen model 1220 or 1225. My problem is that my cartridge-based valve doesn't look like that. Mine does not pull out before it turns. It simply turns and mixes the water cold-to-hot as it travels thru its arc. Upon removing the handle, I see what is probably a cartridge covered with a white plastic/nylon part combined with a brass insert with a set screww that allows the mix ratio to be adjusted. What am I looking at here? I have not found any other Moen model online that looks like this. I'll appreciate the help as my water bill is up 50% because of the leak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Sounds like you have a Posi-Temp. There are lots of trim varieties, but this diagram shows pretty much how it all goes together:

Remove the sleeve ("stop tube") and after turning off your main water, pull out the retaining clip. You will probably need a Moen cartridge puller, which is available at the same place you will buy the new 1222 cartridge

moen1222.jpg

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks