Dwv lines - toilet and bathroom sink

Users who are viewing this thread

Chuck B

sea-bee
Reaction score
RE: 650 square foot seasonal cabin in Northern Michigan. Have only a septic tank at present, no field through a 4" ABS pipe. Can and if so where can I connect the shower drain, bathroom sink drain, kitchen sink drain, and laundry drain to the existing toilet (water closet) drain - before the toilet drain or after)? All will terminate into a single 4" pipe to the septic tank. The toilet is the only fixture currently connected to the septic tank. All of the other go into a dry well which has been getting saturated with the load and needs to be eliminated.
Have heard something about other drains not being allowed on a toilet drain. Then how and where do I connect them all to the single line to the septic tank. And do Studervent's work ok? Would use one for the bathroom and another for the kitchen sinks. The shower would be vented along with the toilet up and out the roof. Is code 4" one foot on each side of the roof minimum for vents? Can a 4" ABS pipe be connected to a DWV plastic pipe (solvent welded?) Thanks.

Cookie

Reaction score
Because we cannot see exactly how the system is laid out and because of the extent to which you are upgrading your system you need to call a licensed plumber to come in and survey the situation and he will tell you what you need to do.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks