Circuit for speech recognition

Users who are viewing this thread

saathis

Reaction score
Hi Friends,

I'm here final year student doing E-Speech Door Access System. I'm implementing the prototype in visual studio 2008. How to convert the wave file from the system into magnetic lock through circuit. I really blur in this part. Any 1 can help me? Thank you.... :(

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The door access could be controlled by a standard electric strike. http://www.adamsrite.com/media/pdf/es7140.pdf

Note the power supply options for this are 12, 16, or 24 volts, AC or DC. You get the power supply from AdamsRite, then all you have to do on your end is provide a single pole switching function to activate the strike. Once you have decoded the voice in your system, one of your elec.engr. buddies can easily give you a power swiching circuit.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Essentially, your logic voice decoder would need to output to probably a port that could then drive a logic switch. this switch would then activate the lock solonoid. Getting the drive current and voltage proper is the key problem, as a solonoid can require a fair amount of inrush current so a relay may be best. The relay contacts (could be solid state) need to hold up to the solonoid's power requirements. If the solonoid doesn't have a built-in delay, you'd want to add that logic to the switch driver so the person trying to enter has a chance to open the door before it locks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks