Basement Bathroom vent issues

Users who are viewing this thread

jguts55

Reaction score
I am building a bathroom in my basement. I am moving my toilet out four feet. The problem I am having is there is no spot to connect with the stack for a vent pipe for the sink or shower. My father recommended just going horizontal out the outside wall and put a gooseneck on the end. Is that legal?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
I have yet to see a house that could not have a proper vent routed up through the roof.

The WI plumbing code is online. Google it.

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
I am building a bathroom in my basement. I am moving my toilet out four feet. The problem I am having is there is no spot to connect with the stack for a vent pipe for the sink or shower. My father recommended just going horizontal out the outside wall and put a gooseneck on the end. Is that legal?

Of course there isn't a spot in the basement to connect the vent to... you need to be ABOVE the fixtures on the first floor.

You need to go up inside a wall on the first floor and make the connection in the attic.

It's really not that much work.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If there were a clog, that would provide a nice spot for waste to run out...the vent needs to go up, above any drains, and then out the roof.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks