Microsoft Asian Spring Festival 2011, Redmond Washington BING

Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
On Saturday I went with my friend Songlin, to the Asian Spring Festival in Redmond. There were about three thousand attending, lot's of families and friends, and Microsoft was there sponsoring too. Steve Balmer came down the the aisle greeting everyone, and then gave an encouraging talk to the crowd, with a bit of sales pitch thrown in about their new search engine Bing. I had never been at the Overlake Christian Church in Redmond before; it was huge. Much bigger than I had expected it to be.
Most of those there were Chinese, including my friend Songlin. Steve Balmer mentioned that 20% of the world wide computers will be in China. Microsoft has a large contingent or workers from China, and has big plans for exporting software to China. We heard from many speakers, and many performers. For me, it was very interesting, and I was glad to be invited.

anthonys_songlin.jpg

Songlin and I beforehand at Anthony's in Kirkland seeing the last of the sun go down before heading out to the Spring Festival.

bing_01.jpg

Seattle Chinese Orchestra

bing_03.jpg

Taken from the large monitors above the stage.

bing_02.jpg

Singing a song about Microsoft search engine bing.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks