Something special, or just 1†pvc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Old Fart

Reaction score
I am trying to find a new “32mm distributor pipe†about 4&1/2 ft. long.
The parts list states “32mm & 50mm pipe not available from Clackâ€.
Does that mean it is a common material or is this something that I need order out of Canada? I think they use metric stuff.
It looks somewhat like 1†sch. 40 pvc water line that Depot carries.

Old Fart

Reaction score
I am trying to help out the neighbor next to my rental. My local dealers (2) would like him to replace his softener with one of their Erie or Rainsoft units that they sell & service. But if he is going to keep up the DIY stuff, he should junk the Clack valve and replace it with one of their Performa or Fleck valves. They told him he could get parts anywhere, including online for them. Clack was not a good valve for DIYer.
I can stop and see them next week. I bought supplies from both of them last Monday after Gary sorted out my garnet – gravel issue. Maybe they will be a little less hostile towards me.

Old Fart

Reaction score
I GOOFED, I am bad.

The Clack parts list called it “32mm distributor pipeâ€, I know better.
In the US, pipe is measured by I.D., tubing is called out by O.D.

Gary was right in calling it a tube.

It needs to be 32mm outside diameter.

Old Fart

Reaction score
Thankyou. That’s good information, both dealers have fleck parts. Now I can tell them what I am looking for and not have to ask what I need, this is good.
Yesterday I found the trade name “Tuff Stuff’ on the tube of the iron filter I was cleaning up before installing my new gravel and media. I found it belonged to the plastic company Mattson-Will and they do make 32mm distributor tubes for flecks. Better than me cutting 1.5mm’s off the diameter of a piece of 1†pvc water pipe on the lathe.

Old Fart

Reaction score
No mansion, maybe smaller than your motor home. It’s next to my rental, typical starter home, same as my rental except it has a “paradise†room in the basement. The young man next door told me the inspector required the seller to replace the softener control valve when they bought the place a couple of years back because it was undersized for the paradise room.

The local dealer told me this morning only fleck uses 32mm tubes in the US. Clack uses a 1.32†tube which is standard sch40 1†PVC pipe size. He carries a better grade tube meant for water softeners and will cut it to whatever size I need. He thought I was reading a UK manual. He shown me that in his parts book that metric 32mm valves have a gray ring at the bottom. And if it does, he can order that tube as well.

I need to formally introduce the neighbor and this dealer and slip out of the middle of this.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks