(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I do not understand the CITGO-Venezuela Heating Oil Program in America

Since socialized gov and med seem to be working so well in GB, I notice Ian came HERE for his medical treatments. They even let him out of the home on weekends so he can catch up on his internet postings!

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

No. I came here for the work.

And the healthcare here is great, if you can afford it.

It pains me though to see poor American citizens not getting the healthcare or education they need because the wealthier ones are too tight with their taxes.

Unless you join the armed forces, that is. Then you get all sorts of entitlements and hand-outs that the rest of America can only dream about.

Some Americans even prefer to give their money to the church or charity which often requires a change in belief for the poor to gain access to essential services.

It sucks a little that, if you're poor, you have to believe in God here to get access to church-provided healthcare because the Government won't provide it for you.

There are other religions in other less-reputable countries that do that as well.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 02-06-2011 at 09:13 AM.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Lets all move to Haiti.

But this isn't Haiti is it? It is the richest country in the world.

So quit the excuses. Man up. And pay for the poor.

I want to send my relatives there.

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    Lets all move to Haiti.

As a European, I would be utterly disgusted if we had a country like Haiti off of my coast and within my sphere of influence that we did little to help.

Shame on you America. Open your borders.

Why doesn't your country take in everybody? Empty the prisons, let them in your country, rehabilitate them with your tax dollars. Let in all the murders, and rapists, yeah, that is a great idea get them out of the USA. Let England take everybody in... then, we won't need guns.

You will.

And, take the rellies I don't want... boy, will you be sorry. You will be on your knees prayin for mercy. lol

We have always had very generous immigration policies with our ex-colonies.

That includes you.

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Let the friggin french fix their mess.

Drop half of Haiti in Paris.

The English does very little if anything, for the United States of America, other to condemn us due to ruffled feathers. Infact, no one does anything for the US. Not one other country. Yet, we are there, and when there, get condemn for being there, and then, for not being there. It is always a no-win situation, no matter what we do.

China does a lot for you. It funds your debts. So do the countries South of the border, which provide a lot of your low-skilled labor without which you would be even less competitive (and there would be no-one to clean your homes or mow your lawns).

If you proclaim to be the bastion of the free world and the best country on earth, you'd best be ready to lead by example.

I have tried to give you hints on what that example could be in the spirit of generating debate.

Lose the guns...
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 02-07-2011 at 02:45 PM.

Ah, they aint mowing my lawn, or cleaning my house, and if they are for others, it would be better if they were here legally and paying taxes. Close the borders. Make it legal. That would be setting the right example.

You got to remember the jobs, that those who are illegally here in our country are taking; are taking jobs, from the real "poor' or lower income born, here. Those jobs are important to those who actually have a right to them. People complain about the homeless, the people on welfare, yet, how many jobs are being filled by those who are here illegally. The answer is not to open the gates either.

What is the answer? Where is the solution? Is it fair for the wealthy to foot the bill for everyone? No, they should not. I am not wealthy. I am not poor. Am I struggling? Yes, especially, after becoming a one-paycheck family with the same amount of bills, but, more people have to be more determined to pull theirselves up by their bootstraps and do it! Go to school, get an education, get a skill, find a job, do it, do it, do it... Look to yourself, find ways legally to make ends meet, have some pride in yourself. If your circumstances are not such that opportunity finds you, you seek it. They sound like pretty words, but they are true. I don't know why anyone would expect another to pay their way, foot the bills, educate them, fix them when they are sick, without them giving to! What is broken, fix it. If another is not happy with their country, with their politics, with their health care system, or educational system then, be part of the solution, not move elsewhere because it looks greener and easier. Nothing is easy. Nothing is ever easy. No one ever said life would be. Americans do alot for other countries, and sometimes, the thanks we get is to see our flag being burned, or hear downgrading things about us. Yet, in our country where everyone finds fault, everyone wants in.

It is fair to ask the wealthy to foot the bill for the poor because we live in a democracy.

The options, then, are to have wealth redistributed through taxes and the power of the vote or for the poor to steal wealth from the rich.

So we either do things the easy way or the hard.

And there has never been any harm in poking a bit of fun at the yanks.

Last edited by Ian Gills; 02-07-2011 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    As a European, I would be utterly disgusted if we had a country like Haiti off of my coast and within my sphere of influence that we did little to help.

Shame on you America. Open your borders.
    Yes Ian it is appalling that a country like Haiti is surrounded by British Territories such as Anguilla, British Virgin Islands, Cayman Islands, Montserrat, and the Turks and Caicos Islands all of which are much closer to Haiti than the US yet the crown does nothing....

No wonder we kicked you brits to the curb 235 years ago....