Aqua tek water softener problem

Users who are viewing this thread

reebz2003

Reaction score
Hello,
I recently moved into a house with a Aqua Tek water softener and a Rainsoft PH neutralizer system. The problem i'm having is that i have added salt to the tank and manually regenerated the system many time over the past couple months and the salt level has not changed. I checked the pickup tube in the basin and it didnt seem to be clogged. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-Jon

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
From what I can tell they have used many different valves in their equipment over the years and today.
One of the most likely reasons for brine level not to go down is an injector that is plugged and the brine pull can not be done.. A little more information on what valve that you have on yours would help in figuring out just why.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Brass body with the in at the back and out at the top, body looks be one piece?

In any event the brine injector block on top of the valve body is the place to start looking and cleaning.
If you have not down loaded the 1500 or 2510 book , do so..
Under the metal cap is the injector that can plug, a small paper clip straightend will work to clean out the injector and then make sure that the screen is clean.
Let us know if that works , pm is you need to ... other wise the fleck book should be able to walk you through most challenges with the valve.

Mialynette2003

In the Trades
Reaction score
Brass body with the in at the back and out at the top, body looks be one piece?

In any event the brine injector block on top of the valve body is the place to start looking and cleaning.
If you have not down loaded the 1500 or 2510 book , do so..
Under the metal cap is the injector that can plug, a small paper clip straightend will work to clean out the injector and then make sure that the screen is clean.
Let us know if that works , pm is you need to ... other wise the fleck book should be able to walk you through most challenges with the valve.
I don't ever recommend using a paper clip. The rough edges can/will scar the inside of the injector. I use a blade of grass or straw.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't ever recommend using a paper clip. The rough edges can/will scar the inside of the injector. I use a blade of grass or straw.

It depends on how rough one is with it, and the color of the injector.
Red does not work well because it is smaller but the white and blue it can be done.
I have extras so I just change them out when I do it for customers and then take the ones that I removed and soak them to clean them up.

reebz2003

Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who responded. I was able to take it apart and clean everything up and it seems to be working right now. I really appreciate all of you advice.

reebz2003

Reaction score
After being able to watch it fully regenerate i noticed that during the cycle where it pulls the brine from the tank it was only pulling is about halfway up and not entering the softening unit. Does anyone know any causes as to why it is not pulling it all the way thru? Thanks in advance.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
Make sure that there are no cuts in the brine line and that the nuts at both ends of the brine line are tight.
Sounds like you are pulling air in some place and that will stop the brine pull.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks