Ariens 824

Users who are viewing this thread

Barry J

Reaction score
I have an Ariens 824 snowblower, that the drive gear doesn't seem to be acting right. I do not seem to be able to go thru snow like I use to. I've adjusted the cable, and we had some heavy snow yesterday and I've noticed that I had to push more than usual. And when I got done snowblowing, I was going toward my shed with the snow blower and I noticed black spots coming from under the rear casing. The snow blower seems to be moving fine, just when there is a heavy load it seems to have touble. Now, I don't know if the black drips was just water splashing up inside the case and some oil being mixed with it and dripping down or if I have a problem.
I did not take the cover off the case, because I don't know which way to tip the machine. Also, wouldn't know what to look for.
I don't want to bring it to the repair shop, in case nothing was wrong...he seems to keep the machines longer than needed, and pretty much has the attitude of "it's done, when it's done."
I can't be without my snowblower for weeks.
Any suggestions
Thanks
Barry

Barry J

Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took with the bottom plate down

Attachments

• snowblower 12.jpg
    snowblower 12.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 1,465
  • snowblower 22.jpg
    snowblower 22.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 1,096

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
If it was mine, it would be off to the dealer/repair shop before the next snow storm. Maybe you feel comfortable tearing into it, but while I'm not totally inept at mechanical things, I would just as soon have the guys with experience deal with it. I do understand about shops that take there own sweet time. Maybe you could find another shop that offer better service.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks