aerator tank

Users who are viewing this thread

jtoboll

Reaction score
when I use water the aerator tank will refill but does not always shut off and overflows the tank sometimes it just comes on when the tank is full and overflows

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
You can either get the check book out and call someone or figger out why the well pump isn't shutting off before it overflows the tank. Or quit using water...

We won't be much help for you until you describe what controls the well pump; a pressure switch, float switch or float valve? If you can't figger that out, you'll have to use the check book and phone route.

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
99.9% of residential aerators tanks around here work off of a float valve. sounds like there may be a problem with either the float, the rod thats attached to float, or the valve itself that the rod comes off of. take the top off the aerator and have a peek. .. if it only does it sometimes, sounds like maybe the valve itself needs replacing (sometimes when older they will hang and not go all the way up), but you should get a good idea when you take a look at it. aerators arent rocket science, when you push the float down water should come out.. when you pull the float up water should stop.

i'm gonna look like a pinhead when its a float switch.. but i'd guess float valve. many people here have pump&tank on well for aerator and outside water, then another pump&tank off aerator for home use.

Last edited:

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
LOL, then i'm an idiot.. its a float switch.

are you gonna tell us anything more??? for somebody that needs help, you are vague to say the least. we dont have crystal balls over here. what kind of pump fills the aerator? apparently the only thing the pump on well does is fill the aerator right? when it is overflowing, is the float strait up under the water without getting hung on anything? if so, its not working right... replace it. hook up a new one exactly like that one, its not complicated.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks