EcoFlow Catalytic Water Conditioner

Users who are viewing this thread

Les

Reaction score
I was at a customer site the other day and noticed he was distributing this product. http://www.ecoflow.co/ Anybody seen this product? I am very skeptical, but a small part of me listened to how convincing this product works and how they all have one and swear by it. No salt, no Potassium Chloride, No Resin to change or dispose of, and safe for irrigation. I am always open minded.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I've never heard ot the ecoflow but at best other physical water treatment devices, electronic or mineral based, reduce some hard water spotting and make soap suds a bit better in hard water. The mineral based cost a lot and the mineral needs to be replace about every 5 years and is very expensive and the equipment only uses a small amount.

JKERN

Reaction score
I'm not sure it is the same media but it sounds like the metallic ceramic balls that they were selling in a very similar product over in South Korea years ago the man that pushed these made millions saying that not only would it be beneficial like a softener but also that it helped your health. A few years later the South Koreans imprisoned him for over thirty years for defrauding the public.

Joe Haslett

Reaction score
Les,
I realize your post was from four years ago, but I am wondering if you are are referring to Morrill Industries, since they are in Escalon, close to you in Manteca? They are the manufacturer of the Ecoflow Water Conditioner, they have done a lot of R&D work with the Ecoflow technology and it really does perform as advertised, http://www.ecoflow.co/index.php?s=56&t=1&f=2, however, just like anything else , it is not always the complete solution, applications for a residential situation may require filtration, so they have a "Whole House" system that combines several filters and an Ecoflow unit too. The Ecoflow targets and breaks down hard water elements that contain Calcium, Magnesium, Sodium and others. It does Not remove anything from the water, but changes the form from crystalline to powder, the powder form then flushes through the system, reducing hard water scaling and gradually dissolves accumulated scale in a plumbing system. It can take up to six months to accomplish this, which is why Morrill offers a money back guarantee if a user is not satisfied after 180 days of use. For Agricultural & Landscape applications, http://www.ecoflow.co/index.php?s=55&t=1&f=2, the benefits are increased with better water infiltration and improved leaching of salts in the soil, results from studies done by the Center for Irrigation Technology, Cal State Fresno are available on the www.ecoflow.co web site, look for the test results tab. I have Ecoflow units installed on my property that treat water for both domestic and ag irrigation (wine grapes) and have experienced a significant improvement in the water quality. I am also a representative in southern california (slo, santa barbara, ventura, kern counties) of Ecoflow, so am I biased? perhaps so, but with over 200 units installed just in Avocado Grove applications (some with multiple units) and many more applications consisting of residential, industrial & agricultural installations I believe the proof is in the results achieved. As I mentioned above not everything is the complete solution, but the Ecoflow system works very well and helps other components of the system work better to achieve the desired result. I would encourage anyone that has a vested interest in solving these kinds of issues to look into the Ecoflow Water Conditioner and Morrill Industries to see how you can solve problems with a high level of confidence in the product and how it is backed up. The last point I would like to make is for you to please look at the date of information/comments that come up on the internet regarding this area, many are based on the information available at the time of the post, but may not be current today. Thank you for your attention.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
LOL, just click on my website, we sell only the best, the proof is in the thousands of units we put out every month. blah blah blah... lol. Fact is, we manufacture alternative water conditioning systems and components, but we are far more honest than most of the companies out there selling snake oil. We are very up front and honest about alternatives to traditional salt water softening. We also make no claims as to a systems effectiveness, we let the companies who we supply make the claims. We also do extensive in-house testing and some of the results are surprising, but scientifically the tests are not able to be consistently repeated and therefore we will continue to test until we can consistently prove our findings before we make any claims. I also work directly with a couple of cooling tower and boiler chemical companies and we field test many different designs utilizing a simple scale/corrosion test method. We do this on multiple cooling tower and boiler systems so that the results should be easily determined, this again has proven difficult except for more traditional water treatment methods. Using catalytic module, magnetic modules, Frequency generators, anti-scale medias, etc, the results are mixed, inconclusive, and sometime surprisingly good. more traditional treatment methods ie: softening, RO, DI, polyphosphate injection, etc all work exactly as expected, no surprises and the results are easily repeatable. I will finish on this note, if a water treatment device makes a true change in the water, a test kit of some sort would be able to be made to prove the effectiveness, without a test method to determine the continued effectiveness of the treatment process, not testimonial, opinions, flawed or biased studies (paid for studies, grants, etc.) then the method requires a much more stringent and scientific approach.

All that being said, I find these technologies exciting and interesting. Salt water softening is not always needed or desired. Many people do not like the feel of softened water, and many people have water reuse requirements that are not exactly compatible with water softening. Brine restrictions, while often completely unnecessary, are sometime needed and alternatives are desired. Many people simply can no longer handle the salt bags due to physical limitations and alternatives to softening are an obvious solution. We assemble equipment for many soft water alternative companies and we manufacture many ourselves.

As for me, I will definitely stick with my traditional salt based softener. I have also surveyed over 500 installers/dealers last year during training seminars, and I have only had a couple of people say that they do not have a softener in their own home. They sell alternatives, but for their own use, true softening still remains the best solution for the best quality water.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Understood, I was just laughing that someone dug up a years old thread so they could post an advertisement. We assemble systems with three different catalytic modules so far, and we also assemble Magnetic, anti-scale, and my more softener alternatives. I thought your post was quite funny, but I also don't want to come off as someone who absolutely hates or denies alternative water treatment methods are something that needs to be continually researched and developed.

FYI, I look more like SpongeBob than Beavis.

Joe Haslett

Reaction score
Wow,
Thanks for the response, very unexpected. We would welcome anybody to try out the Ecoflow. If you pay attention to this category there is a lot of old info/threads/comments on the internet, I am just trying to put some current info out there. It is great you are open to other technologies, try this you might like it. Cheers!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks