Question on installing a Signa Jacuzzi Soaker Tub

Users who are viewing this thread

campmi

Reaction score
I'm installing a Jacuzzi Signa Soaker Tub into an alcove. I have a couple couple of questions regarding settting the tub. The website says the tub has an Exclusive Tru-Levelâ„¢ self-leveling base system. My assumption is that I don't need a mortar bed as long as the base is level. Is that all correct?

Also I'd like to raise the tub about 3 inches so I could get the drain across a joist. I plan on geting 2 pieces of 3/4 plywood to add the 3 inches. Does anyone see a problem with this. Thanks all for your help. Just for the record this is going in an alcove with no shower. The shower area is separate.

Rich

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The Tru-Level system probably depends on it setting on a complete floor surface, so whatever you do to raise the floor, and I am not sure I agree with your plan as far as the drain is concerned, you will need to make sure the tub is properly supported.

campmi

Reaction score
Right now I've got 3/4 ply over 2 X10 joists. My plan would be to sandwich on top of the current plywood 4 or maybe 3 (correction to the 2 i put on first) more sheets to raise the bottom 3 inches. Do you have any other ideas on how to get a drain over a joist to the overflow tube.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks