Installing Hot Soak Tub - access panel questions

Users who are viewing this thread

JuanSigned

Reaction score
I'm doing a DIY gut and remodel of my master bath. After much discussion the tub has been chosen :D

BUT

The installation instructions are, well I'm hoping they are unclear. Here's a link to the dimensions page http://www.aquaticbath.com/ and a quote from the installation manual
An access panel of 16” x 16” minimum must be provided at the pump end of the tub allowing sufficient clearance to make final connections and for servicing the pump and power panel. Access may be through the wall or platform apron at the end of the unit.
Access can easily be provided from the side of the tub, but having to provide access to the end is a deal breaker. :( The plan has the end of the tube backing a steam shower. I've emailed Aquatic but they've been unresponsive.

I've never owned a tub with a pump before so how much maintenance is required? Is only having side access a deal killer?

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
You have to be able to remove and service the pump through the access opening, regardless of where it is located. Some manufacturers will relocate the pump to the area where your access opening will work, but it appears that one of the two locations should work for you if you select the proper one..

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks