Bathroom H/C supply question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Beachfront71

Reaction score
Hello and thanks. We are turning a bedroom into a bath and it is located at one end of the house away from all the other plumbing fixtures (kitchen, other baths, etc.)

There was an older radiant heating unit in this room and which had 1/2 Hot and Cold copper running to it but was hooked up to a solar water heater that is no longer here.

The location of this pipe is almost perfect and I am wondering how many fixtures I could run off of this (if any) knowing that the nearest 3/4 line is a good 20 feet away.

The bathroom will have 2 sinks, tub, toilet, and shower w 3 seperate valves..

Is it feasable to use this pipe or should I scrap it all together and just have new pipes run with the drains..

Again, appreciate the feedback

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I also don't believe you can use heating pipes for potable water. Any inspector would want to see new pipes for new water.
It spells that out in the code book.

For what you plan, 3/4" pipe, and only two fixtures on 1/2"

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks