Water Heater prices and installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I did a quick Google check and this price seems to be reasonable for this heater. Installation prices will vary by location. And should include removal and disposal of the old heater. Water heater installation is not too difficult or time consuming if there are no plumbing or venting issues, but it will take two men due to the weight of the heaters. I'd suggest just calling around and inquiring, but don't expect a firm price over the phone. Plumbers have been screwed too many times when a "simple swap job" turns into a mafor project.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Your arms are long like an Orangatang? I have a few big moaks working, but ONE would be certain to dent, drop or bust off the drain valve alone.

In fact 2 guys just managed to rip out the outlet on a pressure tank during the haul.

The 1 guy big enough to schlep the heater usually can't hook it up right anyway.

What about a 96% efficient condensing rig? http://www.hotwater.com/products/residential/gas.html

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I admit that I am not the man I once was so I don't try to manhandle heavy and awkward things anymore. For that reason, I hired my new Rheem Power Vent installation. I was quite pleased that the company sent 2 men to get the heater into the house and onto the raised concrete slab where my heaters sit over a basin with a floor drain, about a 6" high slab in a corner. And yes, it is in a basement which are quite common where I live. It wasn't just to save my back, but also to avoid an accident that would damage the heater. Once in position, it was just a one person job, in fact I could easily have done it alone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks