(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boondoggle- shameful- Why to never pay taxes in the USA

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

You need take gun safety classes here for a hunting license. My car is my unwitting hunter these days, drivers license only needed.

And you need wait 2 or 4 weeks for the fed to check you out to get your gun.

And we are at least trying by law to reduce the number 10 and 20 round magazines that were once for sale, which is indeed a perversity for the general public.

And the $35 aluminium pistols were banned many years ago.

I do not suggest shooting public servants, only that the number of guns in america, and a military that is not a mindless pack of automatons, preserves us from despot presidents, or good ones that went mad in office. That king that ordered all the first born children be killed in the bible had a unarmed populace.

Watch Dr. Strangelove if you have not. Peter Sellers old classic.... Issues of crazy governments and military. Milestone film.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 01-23-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Every month one of the gun magazines will print multiple stories of how a citizen saved there own life and the life of their family by having guns in the home. I'm not sure if it is the American Rifleman or Guns and Ammo magazine. It is printed in the first few pages of each monthly edition. I think it might have been somewhere here in Arizona that some moron broke into a home. The teenage girl was home alone and blew the guy away with a shotgun. She grew up with guns and was properly trained with handling guns. Ian, you have been playing with that government issued home lobotomy kit again. That's the same kit that Obama and Congress uses. Police and government will never be able to stop gun crimes. Armed citizens are polite citizens. But I don't agree with letting people carry a gun into a bar though. Booze will make crossing the line of a bad decision far too easy here in AZ. I also think it is really dumb for government to demand that a citizen keep a gun locked in a cabinet or a trigger lock on it and have it kept unloaded. That is pretty useless if someone decides you will be his target for crime.

I was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon a long time ago. A fairly serious crime in that jurisdiction. It was actually a routine traffic stop and the pistol had no round in the chamber [automatic .380] and the clip pulled back an inch. It was in a seat pocket where I had actually forgotten about from some target practicing.

Probation worked me up, and I wrote some letters explaining the whys and hows of that pistol in my possession, including a history of close calls working in the lower colon area of some large cities. Quite a few personal reference letters also.

Court date came, I was going to do a no contest, without a lawyer.

Sat there all day, never called. Finally the Judge stood up and asked me to come into his chambers. Yikes! Saw Alcatraz in my mind....

There, he made a very erudite speech about what he had learned about me and my intent as a armed citizen. I thought I had finally met a man of true sound mind and in a position of judgement that few could perform.

Dropped all charges, no fine, and .... said go to the police evidence building and get your pistol back.

When I went there, the cops actually laughed. Made a half hours worth of phone calls, and when they passed the weapon back, said " I've been here 22 years, and have never done this before".

If we could sort out, as the judge did, who is qualified to carry a weapon, this would indeed be a safer country.

When we had "father knows best" and the "Andy Griffith show" as about the only thing on TV, and
    Frank Sinatra on the radio, We had a fairly safe and friendly country, where your kid could walk miles to school alone.

Now we have rappers singing about killing the cops and the gov, drugs like Pez in 1960, and death metal music with poppers for the 14 year olds. And an innudation of mind cancer on the satellite TV. Rome is headed into a deep decline. Camelot is burning.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 01-24-2011 at 12:08 PM.

Here is an example of some stories. These are reminders to gun owners why we have our 2nd amendment right to own guns so that we may protect ourselves from complete idiots!
    Last edited by Hairyhosebib; 01-26-2011 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    I was arrested for carrying a concealed weapon a long time ago. A fairly serious crime in that jurisdiction.
    Here we have permit to carry...
    Either open or concealed carry is okay...
    Actually I prefer to carry concealed as there are a lot of people that think like Ian here....
    People are tweaked....

What crack is this guy smokin? My shooting glasses are sorta rose colored, maybe that is what he is talking about. As for a gang of thugs getting to my bedroom in the middle of the night, I sleep with a loaded 12 gauge next to the bed in the corner. Naked or not, when the dogs bark and I see a threat, someone's getting a lead tatoo. Amazining the sound of a shotgun shell being chambered, in the dark, to do its magic. We do not lock our house, in fact don't have a key. We leave our keys in our trucks at night. Nice to live in rural Oklahoma with good neighbors. (I'm not gay, lazy, or ignorant, therefore I'm a conservative)

I would get a dog and a key to better insure your survival chances. And maybe to save your drunk bud coming in to surprise you for a visit.

Even just to save on clean up and re-drywalling costs.

And we can carry open, but its a lot of paperwork for a conceal carry. Better to just wing it with a .25 next to your maglite.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 01-26-2011 at 10:52 PM.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...ategoryId=1004

Our government idiocy gets worse. These cannisters may have been made in RUSSIA, never used, and scrapped in America. We may not have even gotten the benefit of making them. Sad.

Must thave been that idiotic program to buy Russias old nuclear waste to keep it out of the hands of Obama. Built a few million pounds extra, just for fun.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 01-27-2011 at 11:21 AM.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

The next shooting will be on all your shoulders. I wonder when the next one will hit the news. Let's wait a week or so shall we? How depressing.

But if you can live with that, then that is fine. Wouldn't want you not to sleep with a firearm.

Once again, if a gang of people come and get you, you and your gun will not stand a chance. But keep living the myth.

And hope your five year old does not find it. Or another crazy buy one at Walmart and take aim at your wife.

Banning guns would be easy. If there were banned and a cop were to see one you would automatically be identified as a bad guy. It's not rocket science. At the moment, they're left umming and arrhing until the point that you point it at them! No wonder these guys are so jumpy. And I cannot get out of my car.

Look, gun control is coming.

Because your Second Amendment rights seriously injured a Congresswoman.

Still don't understand?

Your rights, seriously injured your democracy.

Still too dumb?

Your rights, seriously injured your freedom.

So, gun control is coming whether you like it or not. Because nothing is allowed to stop your freedom.

You'll just have to learn to use your fists. Ask your daddy for a lesson or two.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 01-27-2011 at 04:11 PM.

Australia banned all their guns yet gun crimes increased. How do you explain that?? Japan was going to bring the war to our turf but did not because the citizens own lots of guns!

Australia? Increase in gun crime? Oh yeah, Johnnie got shot this year. Australia is a country where there are 65 gun murders a year! That's right....65.

The last time I checked, America had 11,127 gun murders last year!

Houston....you have a problem. Wake up America. Your children are being murdered by the Second Amendment. The people that argue against gun control are simply being paid by the gun lobbies!

Are you all bad parents or something? What is it that makes a DIY gas water heater install dangerous and yet y'all want a free for all with hand guns? What did your schools teach you?

Then there's your other myth. That you could prevent a foreign power seizing control. This is not the 18th century!

Wake up call.

The nuclear weapon has been invented. The bad guys won't be knocking at your door. Their mushroom cloud will! Try your gun against that.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 01-28-2011 at 07:44 AM.

WEll, thats a good point: A permit to change a weater heater, rather than to own 45 guns.

A musroom cloud over detroit, houston, parts of LA, and most of the middle east would go far toward resolving the need for normal people to sleep with a gun.

China will invade the USA by shutting off all of the grid via our "smart meters" from a single button in Tibet. "Spy meters" are the single greatest threat to our personal security and privacy on earth.

The problem is not the weapons, its the dregs of society that we have created by lack of natural selection anymore, and monsters breeding with monsters, with no nurturing. Wars and famine used to kill the general weak populace. Now we lose the best and brightest with good genes. The survivors stay home gorging on happy meals.

Read this weeeks New Yorker magazine about health care for the poor. Sickening, frightening. Doomsday for Rome.

The problem is weapons. No American is going to kill six others in a single incident with a knife or a baseball bat. Heck, you'd struggle to kill anyone with any weapon other than a gun.

Granted, he could do it with a bomb but these are not available at Walmart or sanctioned legal by society, at least the last time I looked.

Ban guns.

You'll live longer when you do.

And let's boost entitlements while we are at it. Why is everyone here so opposed to a few handouts to the Nation's poorest?

Surely it can't be your greed.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 01-28-2011 at 10:41 AM.

Ian, the vast majority of gun murders are crooks and scumbags shooting each other. Let them. In fact, encourage them. Set aside two days a week, clear the area and let them do the OK corral thing. Scrape up the bodies with a front end loader and be done with it. No courts, no lawyers, no hundred grand a year to feed them in prison. I have carried concealed for over 30 years. A defensive weapon is a tool and like any tool it should be in the hands of a skilled operator but, just like with chainsaws ( and check how many injuries there are every year because of those) idiots will always be idiots. Here's something a civics professor said to the class back when I was in college and truer words were never spoken
    " Democracy means that occasionally innocent people will be killed or unjustly prosecuted, it is the price we pay for freedom"

Thanks Tom. But guns are not like other tools are they?

No doubt like the rest of you, I too have lots of "dangerous" tools in my box. Circular saws and drills. But each one of these complies with Federal regulations to make sure they are safe. So, for example, my saw won't go off by mistake when the safety is on. And the Government checks that.

Guns appear to not be regulated at all, which is ludicrous. If gun ownership must be allowed then we need to at least introduce some Federal regulations to govern the design of guns to make them safer.

And I fail to see where these "crooks and scumbags" are in America. All the Americans I know, even Redwood and Ballvalve, seem to be very nice people.

So, lose the gun. You don't need it. And it might not be safe.
    Last edited by Ian Gills; 01-29-2011 at 07:30 AM.