(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Boondoggle- shameful- Why to never pay taxes in the USA

Hybrid View

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

Default Boondoggle- shameful- Why to never pay taxes in the USA

Here are about a billion dollars worth of unused [seem to be for nuclear fission materials] storage containers. Over a million pounds of government stupidity. Up for sale.

If the Gov had given any one of us the value of 6 of those, we could pay off our upside down mortages and buy a gold plated Toto with butt cleaner.

Note that they must be DESTROYED prior to removal. Pathetic, and amazing.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...&convertTo=USD

Check out the cutaway. This baby would keep ice frozen for 1 year. I guess they dont want the Chinese to get them.

http://www.govliquidation.com/auctio...00&picNumber=2
    Last edited by ballvalve; 01-14-2011 at 11:12 AM.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

I think we need a bigger Government with more Federal employees that live and work in Washington DC. Period.

I like the way they make decisions about your lives. I remain to be convinced that people here are actually qualified to make their own decisions about themselves and their families.

They need Government help. And I am all for that.

Would'nt it seem to you that a government that made [and wasted] some of the most expensive containers on earth, of the highest quality, would be disqualified from making even larger decisions?

Granted a factory in America provided a lot of jobs for a year or 2 to construct these, but they were just pissing in the wind.

Seems like that labor would be better used to re-open hundreds of those perfect, eco acceptable run of river micro hydro schemes in the east that closed when oil came in.

Probably 2 hoover dams worth of water power being wasted east of the Misssiippi. Unlike Solar, you get power at night and when the weather is at its worst. Perfect use of manpower and our taxes.

By the way, in that same auction, I bought $32,000 of NEW top quality 30" culverts for $732.48. God bless the idiots in government.

By the way, this one of very few lots that did not have the aquisition value. It likely was so high that they did not wish to make the national news.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 01-15-2011 at 11:09 AM.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

A little bit of waste here and there is to be expected. I still think the Government and all Government staff do a great job and I salute them for their public service.

We need a bigger Government providing more good jobs for people and better services for taxpayers.

http://www.npr.org/2011/01/16/132935...ges-the-nation

Quite interesting story of Eisenhower reminding us that each warship could build a brick school in 30 cities.

Those Stainless steel cans are THEFT from the nation, and could put a new doctor into 500 emergency rooms.

WHoever buys them had better get a very good price, because the cost of demolishing them and then separating the various materials will be enormous, as will be the transportation cost.