Some advice please about a boiler repair

Users who are viewing this thread

Terrydog

Reaction score
would you be able to give some advice on a plumbing job that some one has done. They came to my house to repair my boiler and flooded the house and blew my boiler up and now want paying for the job??? help They only came round to replace a valve and quoted 150 pounds but now want 1270. is this a job for a solicitor.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Most certainly you need legal assistance here. While laws vary from place to place, it certainly would appear that first the job was blotched, secondly, the job is not finished, so no payment should be made, thirdly they are obviously con men. You have damages and there are likely criminal charges that should be brought as these are certainly not professionals. Get a good attorney immediately. Do not discuss this with these jerks anymore on you own.

Terrydog

Reaction score
Thank you. its really got to me.im later on in my years and feel very upset about the whole situation. Thank you for your reply. Regards

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; They came to my house to repair my boiler and flooded the house and blew my boiler up

If we knew exactly what happened, because sometimes hysteria causes exageration in a descsription, we might be better able to answer. Sometimes secondary things happen during a repair, that were going to happen anyway and are NOT the responsibility of the workmen, and other times they are caused be carelessness. WE cannot differentiate between the two situations without a LOT more information, so you best solution is either a consumer omsbudsman or a solicitor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks