Rain Dial 600ext problems

Users who are viewing this thread

Bruza005

Reaction score
Hi,

i have been have some problems with this controller now -so ihave replaced the master valve as no water was comming out of any valves and re-spliced all of the connections at every valve to eliminate any electrical problems with 3m scotchlocks. Everything was working fine for a few weeks until today -I tried to manually turn on the controller and it automatically goes to "OFF" and then starts to blink. The LCD display itself now seem to continuously flicker -alsmost like when a watch batterry starts to die. Thre battery is brand new.

Is it a controller problem or valve connection or something else. How can i check without disconnecting all the wires at the valves.

All help appreciated as my garden is dying

Mike1059

irrigation tech.
Reaction score
Website
www.mrhirrigation.com
The simplest test works with a spare solenoid. Turn one station on then touch the wires from your spare solenoid to the station terminal and the common terminal at the same time. If the solenoid clicks then the problem is not the controller. I have seen this type of problem before and it is usually a bad controller and needs to be replaced. Also you can check if there is a reset button in the controller, this will sometimes cure the problem.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks