(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: installing non-automatic transfer switch

Electrical Contractor/Instructor jwelectric's Avatar

All is good for you and your wildfire so let’s end that part of this thread and try to get back on track.

I will delete each and every time someone post directions on how to install a generator as you did. The owner of this site has charged me as a moderator for this very reason. Should you have a compliant I would suggest you direct the complaint to either him or me in a private message but no longer in this thread.

Enough said?

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

No complaints if the boss considers advice for emergencys too dangerous to his liability policy to post. But it certainly dilutes the value of this site.

But I think this electrical forum should be moved to a NEC code "forum" so that we know that what REALLY happens in the field cannot be discussed.

The Well and plumbing forums have a lot of dopey posts that could maim and fry you, but the simple and fair solution there are posts that correct or refute the issue.

THAT is a "FORUM".

If you have looked at workmans compensation rates lately, electricians are low on the scale. Its the roofers, carpenters, loggers that get killed daily. So perhaps your dire warnings are a bit overworked.

Electrical Contractor/Instructor jwelectric's Avatar

Ballvalve what you have said above most certainly speaks for itself. It is true that there are less injuries in the electrical trade than in others but I donít believe the roofers have any type of code other than what the building codes requires.

On the other hand the electrical trade has a very strict safety code and what you have posted says a lot for the safety in the electrical trade.

It seems that most of those who end up hurt are due to the misuse to electricity by those who know just enough to be dangerous.

Being that the original poster has not returned and you seem to want to use this as some sort of sounding board I shall close the thread. Should the original poster need future advice feel free to start another thread.