Washing machine & Condensate pumps outlet

Users who are viewing this thread

Pellman

Reaction score
My furnace condensate pump and dehumidifier pump currently pump to the outside of the house through simple flexible tubes drilled through the wall. Both are in the basement, which does not have a sink. I think that the water that is being pumped outside may be contributing to a moisture problem on the basement wall, not to mention that they periodically freeze up during the winter.

My only existing drain in the basement is for my washing machine, which is connected to the drain line by a hose and clamp. The drains are halfway up the walls, and the washing machine line has a check valve in it.

What is a good way to get all 3 items (washing machine, furnace condensate, and dehumidifier) using the drain that just the washing machine currently uses?

Thanks for the help.

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cut a tee into the w.m. riser and trap it. Then pipe the condensate and humidifier into it.

Peace out,

Kordts

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
Technically doesn't need a trap because the condensate pump doesn't allow the sewer gasses to come back through the drains. Pump hould have a check valve in it too. You could put a tee in the washer drain pipe and then adapt it down to 1/2in threaded where you can then put a barbed fitting on it and connect up your pump drain. Did this in my own basement (used cleanout for kitchen sink drain though) the other day.

Jason

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks