does anyone know what type/model is this shower valve? thank you Michal

Attachments

• valve.jpg
    valve.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 3,908

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I don't recognise the handle right off. Someone probably will....just hang with us. It could be a Delta 1300 series, but the escutcheon should say "delta" on it. The fact that there is no name,...it could be any one of dozens of knockoff imports.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
This is a case where a picture of what is UNDER the chrome plate would be more helpful than the picture you have now. It has some features of a PricePfister, but I have not seen any with a "lever handle" like that.

lati_cz

Reaction score
No I still need to figure out what it is. I remodel 2 baths - one get new valve, other will keep existing. HO wants leave the valve and just change the plate and handle. Anyone? Thank you Michal

lati_cz

Reaction score
Btw. is it common practice not to use teflon tape/sealant on adapter threads and just fill those with melted silver instead? I noticed it on both valves - never seen it before.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A "straaight on view" is not a lot of help, especially when the lock nut is still attached. Remove the cartridge and give us a "good" side view, and also the bottom because the configuration of the ports is often as distincitive as the cartridge itself for identification purposes. Also, does the handle just rotate from off to cold to hot, or do you set the temperature by rotating it and then turn it on by lifting or pulling the handle?

lati_cz

Reaction score
HJ - it rotates and pulls
more pics, hope it helps. If better quality is needed I'll use better camera tomorrow
thank you Michal

Attachments

• faucet1.jpg
    faucet1.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2,785
  • faucet2.jpg
    faucet2.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 2,761
  • faucet3.jpg
    faucet3.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 2,742
  • faucet4.jpg
    faucet4.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,745

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
go here www.alfanoplumbingparts.com, look at the single handle cartridge catalog. See if you can identify it. You have one of a million no name cartridges which all look very much alike.

Pay close attention to the shape of that white gasket stuck inside the bottom of the valve body. They are uniquely shaped in the different brands.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Looks like the Sayco 7006 with the square handle adapter. It looks like the same one that Concinity uses. Websone and Sayco also have similar versions which rotate for temperature and tilt up for volume.

Last edited:

ddodson

Reaction score
Have the same or similar with a slow drip I'd like to fix.

goggles-zVQ-MoKtoQpj6JnO5dhLEiA.jpg

2012-11-11 12.59.47.jpg

This is as far as I've gotten with dismantling. Not sure what the next step is. Suggestions?

rszeller

Reaction score
Valve handle on this older American Standard spins cold hot off, cold hot off, etc. just keeps on spinning. Any idea as to cartridge replacement? Or maybe just handle?
image.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks