Cheapest layout for thermostatic valve and two showers in different bathrooms

Users who are viewing this thread

HansPL

Reaction score
Hello:

I want to have a thermostatic valve design for two showers in two different bathrooms. The pipe to the two showers splits in an accessible place, which means I could put a thermostatic valve for temperature regulation (same temperature for both showers, I guess) and one volume valve in each bathroom. Would this be possible and the cheapest solution? Any pitfalls?

I base the above on what I just read on this and another forum, so I am a real newbee. Thanks for your advice.

Regards,

Hans L

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Probably not a good idea. Plus, at least some thermostatic valves require a shutoff before them, rather than after. Otherwise, it could be trying to adjust all the time, plus they may not like the constant pressure (depends on the design). If you want thermostatically controlled (and the ability to adjust), you really need two setups. It would be a rare family that could all agree on what their perfect temp is, too.

HansPL

Reaction score
Yes, you are probably right. Thought I would save some money, because these things seem to be very (!) expensive.

Regards,

Hans L

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks