Mobile Home Toilet Still Runs with New Flapper Installed

Users who are viewing this thread

kailor

Reaction score
I have a mobile home toilet that still runs even after installing a new flapper. If I press down on the new flapper the water quits running into the bowl. I've cleaned the edge where the flapper rests. How can I fix this. Is there some kind of replacement part?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You might supply a bit more information. Make and model of toilet and make and model of the flapper would be a good start.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Not all generic flapper valves will fit all toilets. But, the first thing to check is that there is enough slack in the chain, and that there isn't too much and it is caught underneath. On some, they have hooks and a round sleeve for those that don't have hooks. If you have hooks and you used the sleeve, you need to cut out the sleeve and only use the hooks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks