AS Cadet 3 Flowise versus AS Dual Flush Eco Fusion

Users who are viewing this thread

jpearl

Reaction score
Who knows anything about the AS Dual Flush Eco Fusion - I am doing a comparison with the Cadet 3 Flowise. I know the Cadet 3 has a 3" flush valve - one of it's selling features. What is the dimension of the flush valve on the Eco Fusion ? I can't find it in the specs. Also there is only a 2 year warranty on the Eco Fusion - 5 years on the Cadet 3.
What is your opinion of dual flush versus Low Flow 4.8 lpf. ? Thanks.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Mostly, the opinions of most of the users of this form is that AS toilets are not very good. Why don't you look at the Toto line. They may cost a tad more than AS, but are far better quality and perform better. Warranty on toilets is somewhat of a joke. If the toilet has a problem, it is there from day one. The only wear parts are the fill valve and flapper and all of them eventually have to be replaced. Not expensive nor hard to do. The Toto 1.28 gallon per flush (same as your 4.8 I believe) are working very well. It appears that the 1.28 is going to be the new standard very soon. But, if you go to the very low volume of water, you'd better be sure the toilet is a good flusher. If you have to flush twice, then you're right back at or near the old 3 gallon per flush toilets. I am not a fan of dual flush, but that's just my feeling.

jpearl

Reaction score
Thanks Gary - my quote for a Toto Drake in Calgary , Alberta , Canada came in at $700 plus complete - just can't do it - though I wish I could. They are much more expensive here - so I'll keep looking around....thanks for your input.

jpearl

Reaction score
Hi Gary - me again - I have just checked with another supplier and I can get the Toto Drake from them for considerably less - mor like $350 - so the first guy must have made a mistake or misunderstood my needs. Thanks for spurring me on to do me research - I am going to go for it...

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I have to admit, I had my doubts about the accuracy about $700 plus for a Toto Drake! I know Canadian $ and US $ are different, but Yikes, surely not that much! A Toto Drake in the US usually is somewhere around $200 plus seat, so $350 Canadian may not be too far out of line. The Drake certainly is an excellent choice. Thanks for checking back.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Things are more expensive in moo-cow country, but $700...wow; it must have been a mistake. $350 incl seat is a pretty good retail price for your location. I sell my customers a drake + easy-clean seat for $250, which is a pretty solid price...no need to even consider a cadet3.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks