Toto Seat Question: SS164 or SS154 or SS114

Users who are viewing this thread

Arlington22207

Reaction score
I'm likely going to order a Toto Vespin II today and need to order a toilet seat to go with it. I saw a post recommending the SS164 seat but I only see a SS154 available for order. Are these the same seats (different shapes, perhaps?).

I'm thinking perhaps the SS164 was a typo.

Also, what's the difference in the SS154 and the SS114? Is it just the molding around the cover or is the seat itself different?

Toto's website is remarkably unhelpful in this instance.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Most of us carry the standard SS114, and the traditional looking SS154
The SS164 has less of a dish then those two, and can be seen with some of the new one-piece toilets from Toto.
I have ordered some SS164's for stock, but they are still selling them with the one-piece toilets at this point, and I guess they don't have enough for stock orders of just the seat.

With the Vespin, you would want either the SS114 or the SS164

ss114_new1.jpg

The SS164 is now the new SS114

cst474_uyeda_1.jpg

SS114 on this Vespin.

Last edited:

Otearai

DIY Engineer
Reaction score
We had a Vespin II installed in our home today, and we specified the SS214 (the '214 is the standard seat shipped with the Toto Soiree) for it, because we preferred the look. It is all a matter of personal preference.

Otearai

DIY Engineer
Reaction score
How do you like it?

The SS214 is everything that we expected it to be, no surprises. Back when we ordered it (it was not an inventory item at the store where we bought it) I was surprised that the SS214 commands a slight price premium over the SS114, SS154, and SS164, but (amortised over life expectancy), the difference in price is a trifle. I appears that it will be easier to clean in the area around the extremities of the hinges than the SS114 would be, which was a factor in our decision to get an SS214; but that assessment is based on photos of the SS114, as we do not have an SS114 here to make a direct physical comparison.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks