Can someone help me with what type of toilet flange I should get? (see pics)

Users who are viewing this thread

ScAndal

Reaction score
toilet.jpg

My guess is it would have to 'insert' into the current abs pipe after unscrewing that cap?

-ScAndal

Dlarrivee

Reaction score
That looks like a clean out to me.

Since when is it okay to put a flange on a clean out and plop a toilet on top?

ScAndal

Reaction score
It is not a cleanout. It is indeed a toilet rough-in. Not sure why they capped it this way.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I enjoyed looking at the picture of the hammer while I was scrolling over to see what kind of connection you have. Basically, you are screwed. That is a "TopCap" cleanout with a screwed in plug, and the only way to convert it to a toilet connection is to "cut" the bushing out, which could involve damaging the riser. I would not like to leave the screw thread inside, but you could break the concrete from around the pipe and use a slip on flange. I would also want to verify that this is really a toilet opening, because NO REAL PLUMBER would EVER cap a toilet opening that way. (At least not unless he was angry at the customer for some reason and wanted to "get even".)

ScAndal

Reaction score
HJ,

Best way to verify? Pop cap and flush toilets upstairs and watch?

Thanks for the info!

ScAndal

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks