Which Toto has similar footprint & wall clearance to a Kohler Memoirs toilet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Regis Price

Reaction score
My 1.6 gpf white Memoirs toilet is leaking at the base. Rather than paying a plumber to replace the flange and wax ring to stop the leak on a 15 year old toilet, I'd like to buy a new toilet, preferably a Toto, if I can get one that:
- will have a similar base footprint ( 10 inches or more in width at the front)
- will clear the existing thick baseboard and base shoe ( Memoirs base sits 3.25 inches from the wall) - has a traditional or at least a transitional style because there's a Memoirs pedestal sink in the room

Also the current Memoirs 3/8 inch NPT supply line is located 8 inches above the floor. I own 2 Ultramax toilets in other bathrooms and their supply lines are located much lower to the floor. If I bought a Toto to replace the Memoirs, could its supply line be changed to fit into the current Memoirs one?

The Guinevere is lovely but its base would not clear my baseboard and base shoe. The Clayton and Promenade would also present the same problem I think.

Any Toto toilet purchase suggestions?

Or should I just take the path of least resistance and buy new Kohler Memoirs toilet?

kohler_memoirs_shepard.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Clayton and the Promenade clears any baseboard.
The water supply can be pretty much anywhere except directly behind the bowl in the center. 3" to the left or more works on these.

The Soiree and Guinevere need 6" to the left of center. However, if you are at eight from the floor, maybe even closer will work.
These work with a 3/4" baseboard at the standard 12" rough.
You can also move the bowl out with the 10" Unift 2" more inches.

Regis Price

Reaction score
Thank you for clarifying my question about the supply line. Moving the bowl out with a 10" Unifit might end up causing the toilet to stick out too much in a small powder room.

I have a base shoe as well as a thick baseboard, so the total is greater than 3/4 inch. Do you know what the wall clearance specs are for the bases of the Promenade and the Clayton? At the Toto site all I see are the clearance specs for the tank but it seems that the wall clearance for the bases might be more generous (looking at the illustrations). But I have no hard stats to back up what I think I see in the illustrations.

I'm also thinking the Drake II might work - transitional style might look OK (not great but OK) with good wall clearance (or so it seems) and much better flush stats than either the Promenade or the Clayton.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks