consumer report

Users who are viewing this thread

jeffjersey

Reaction score
hi terry, we recemtly purchased the toto drake toilet that was all the rave
and it really is a great and quitet toilet as you have described! It was also the testimonies of other owners who praised this wonderful efficient toilet that we decided to buy it!! It is 'pricier' than some others but it was worth it!!WE had a American Standard toilet that had intermittent flushing and it was embarassing since it was the common toilet for the family room!!
I was very disappointed when this year's Consumers Report did NOT rate
the Toto Drake but instead rated a fancier one!!

Why do you think it was ignored?? We really are amazed on how quiet and fast it refills!! I DO have some little annoyance of the packagin gf this product. I was surprised how thin and flimsy the carton the toilet was packaged
in and if you were not careful , it could of been easily cracked if you lay it down a little hard!! I didnt find the instructions on how to adjust the flow of the water very easy to understand !! Luckily it was adjust to max!! Adjustments seemed difficult to released since I did tried to undo the locking tab wilth no success and I left it as it is!!!
I do thank you for your wonderful website which helped us to make a good decision on which toilets are recommended!!

jeff

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Thanks Jeff.

I've never had to adjust the fill valve on the Drake.
It's always been perfect from the factory.

When I've installed new fill valves in tanks, that's when I've had to learn how to do it. The tab will not pull down, it has to be lifted away from the tower before it can be slipped down. There are pins that hold it from moving.

We install so many of these in the Seattle area, it's a good thing for us, that they are so worry free.

Why didn't CR have the Drake in their test?
Good question.
It's not like the information about the Drake hasn't been all over the Internet for years.
I guess some people are just more informed than others.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks