Installing toilet repair flange

Users who are viewing this thread

Vega

Reaction score
I posted a question a few days ago (leaking flange)and appreciate the replies. I have looked for a “repair flange†but the local hardware store does not have something like that, and it will be a few days before I can get to a plumbing supply, so I don’t know what they look like of if it would work. The existing 4" ABS is sound except all the metal has been stripped off. Does a repair flange slip inside the 4" ABS (3.75" ID) without changing the height off the floor? (This site is a great help by the way, Thanks)

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
There are a number of types of repair flanges; I recommend you google "toilet repair flange" so you can get a better idea what is out there. Depending on what you have to work with, you might be able to install a new flange or a repair flange.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That LOOKS like the flange to use, but the picture is not definite enough to tell. What you want is a "two piece" flange that fits around the lip where the old one was and then bolts together to "grab" it.

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That LOOKS like the flange to use, but the picture is not definite enough to tell. What you want is a "two piece" flange that fits around the lip where the old one was and then bolts together to "grab" it.

That is exactly what that flange does!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is why I said, "It looks like it will work, but the picture is not precise enough". The picture looks like there is a "joint" on either side, but you cannot see if there is a bolt/screw holding them together.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks