Valve to valve connection

Users who are viewing this thread

jrisebo

Reaction score
I am installing a new shower. I have a mixing valve, and then a short run to a distribution valve. they are both female pipe thread. I have toyed around with doing all soldered connections, but that doesnt let me adjust if one of the males leaks. I am thinking a compression fitting between, and that will allow to tighten the male pipe adapters if one leaks or drips at each valve. What do you guys think, or do?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I think it is a "dumb" idea. Why would you want to install something that is almost sure to leak, to avoid making a connection that "might" leak? IF the two pieces are from the same manufacturer, they might connect together with a straight brass pipe nipple, and avoid any solder joints between them.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks