Gas black pipe run?

Users who are viewing this thread

phinkel

Reaction score
I need to move my gas water heater(WH) over about 6 feet to make run for a new location for a gas dryer hook-up. Currently a single 3/4" line is feeding two tees of 3/4" lines which feed the dryer and WH. Each, dryer and WH have 1/2" reducers at the end of the lines.

Can I run both the dryer and WH off of a single 12' x 3/4" line reducing the line to a 1/2" at the end of each feed? I don't want to starve either of two units which could run at the same time. The WH is a 50 gallon 40,000btu unit.

thanks,

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
distance from the meter to the LAST connection in the system, and sizes of ALL the pipes to the point where the dryer connection is made to the main line, being two of the major ones.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks