Help - what toilet will give me all these features?

Users who are viewing this thread

jpearl

Reaction score
Here is what I am looking for - *either dual flush or low flow(4.8 l): * round front : * comfort height ie: 16- 17 inches rim height (Actually I prefer low flow)

I need 3 toilets with the above being requisites....however one of them must have a total height of no more than 30" .....and I would love one of them to be bone color - the others are to be white.

I am looking at AS Cadet 3 Flowise and at Kohler Wellworth - but can't seem to find everything I want in either. Thanks

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You will not have much luck finding a round front that is comfort height. There may be some, but round front bowls are not big sellers so not many are made. Your best performing toilets would be Totos. There are many designs and colors to choose from, but all perform well. If you go with American Standard, make very sure you examine them very carefully before taking them home. There are numerous manufacturing flaws that get on the market, especially at discount stores. By all means, avoid the Kohler line.

jpearl

Reaction score
Thanks so much - I appreciate your advice....have been looking at the Toto Drake online. None of the stores near me carry it but I will try to find a distributor somewhere.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toto toilets are not available in discount stores. If you can not find a plumbing store that stocks them, they can be ordered for you. They are available online, but it is not recommended to buy them that way as when toilets are shipped individually, they frequently are damaged. If you do order online, inspect the shipment very carefully before accepting it.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
you probably wont find a comfort height under 31" . why not just remove that dated banjo counter top

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
One way the low-flow toilets get their power is from the height...the higher the water tower, the more pressure you get as it falls. So, it gets harder to make a low-flow one work if it doesn't have a taller tank and it is somewhat a measure of potential power (designs differ, so it is not an absolute).

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
There are many taller bowls that are elongated. Few that are round.
Most of the comfort height or ADA are elongated, in fact, ADA is always elongated.

You may need to go with a one-piece toilet if you want a tall bowl and a lower tank.
One that comes to mind is the Toto Supreme ADA, MS864114L, which comes in both White and Bone.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks