beacon morris toe kick heater

Users who are viewing this thread

krisluvinglife

Reaction score
the blower fan in my BM toe kick heater has become extremely loud (i'm not complaining after 20 years of steady work)...however before we can get around to replacing it, can i just disconnect the electric so the fan doesn't blow anymore or will that create a problem with the pipes getting too hot under the cabinet?? thank you for all of your expertise people!! awesome website!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If it was designed to always have the fan on while the heating elements are on, then disconnecting the fan might just start to test the safety overheat circuits (or the fire department response)! Probably not a good idea.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
I don't think it could cause a fire. That's like saying having drapes in front of copper fin baseboard would cause a fire. With out the fan running it won't be very effective in heating the room.

John

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; If it was designed to always have the fan on while the heating elements are on, then disconnecting the fan might just start to test the safety overheat circuits

That would only be true if it were an electric heater, NOT the hot water one she has. And an electric heater could be discontinued by turning off the power to it, anyway. A toe space heater without a fan is just a small section of baseboard which will NOT overload safety circuits or cause a fire.

krisluvinglife

Reaction score
thank you so so much for response!!! now i need to replace the motor and fan>>> any help would be greatly appreciated!!! thanks again!!

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A source, such as Grainger's, if yours will sell to a noncontractor, (ours won't), should have a replacement motor if you take it in for comparison.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks