Christmas and No Water

Users who are viewing this thread

helplessandhopeless

Reaction score
I know nothing about pumps and wells and aerators, all of which I am dependent on for water in my home. I read a thread where someone had to fill the aerator with the hose from the submersible pump (working fine) into the aerator. I looked in my aerator and there is very little water in it. If I fill it with the aerator with the hose, Do you think I could get by until Monday when I can get (another) professional out here? I kept getting air in my lines. The last company (2 weeks ago) said the whole system looked just fine. I would love to take a shower. Wash some dishes....

Hope someone is on line Christmas Day...
Thank you!

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I know nothing about pumps and wells and aerators, all of which I am dependent on for water in my home. I read a thread where someone had to fill the aerator with the hose from the submersible pump (working fine) into the aerator. I looked in my aerator and there is very little water in it. If I fill it with the aerator with the hose, Do you think I could get by until Monday when I can get (another) professional out here? I kept getting air in my lines. The last company (2 weeks ago) said the whole system looked just fine. I would love to take a shower. Wash some dishes....

Hope someone is on line Christmas Day...
Thank you!
IF the sub pump is working fine (meaning it delivers water into the aerator), you have a problem with the pump that takes water out of the aerator; I'm assuming a tank type aerator. If the pump that does that doesn't run, check the pressure switch. If there isn't enough water in the aerator, the submersible pump isn't working fine, check the switch or float/flow switch(s) that operates the sub pump.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
filling up the aerator with water from the hose
don't a a flow device -- mystified.
I think that means you don't have a flow device (switch), so what controls the water level in the aerator tank; my guess is a float switch or float valve like in a toilet?

You need to find out what prevented the aerator tank from refilling when it should have before you burn up the aerator pump because of no water in the aerator tank.

Justwater

Well Drilling/Service
Reaction score
if no valves are closed and your well pump is working.. unscrew the sprayers in the aerator and see if they are clogged.

helplessandhopeless

Reaction score
I think the toilet thing is right on -- the bathroom on the side of the house where the well pump and the rest of the equipment, is never used. Problem started when I had a guest...
Looked in the tank and it has an unusual looking fixture in that the other toilets don't have...

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
A leaking toilet, or any other water leak after the aerator tank will call for the repressurization pump in or at the aerator to run and as the water in the aerator tank falls, something turns on the well pump on which then refills the aerator tank.

If you don't have enough water in the aerator tank, you have to find out why. Blocked spray heads, bad well pump, water leak in the well system, bad float switch or float valve stuck closed in aerator that controls the well pump, bad pressure switch for the well pump, no power to well pump (which should be checked first).

I had asked you what controls the well pump....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks