The end of woodworking in America, does anyone care?

Users who are viewing this thread

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Back to topic : Another hemmorage of skilled woodworking jobs last year, gone to Indonesia.

http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lots.asp?pg=details&id=13675

And a new one. Hundreds of skilled workers out on the burger king circuit soon.

This is the silent, incremental, fall of Rome. We don't even can sardines in the USA anymore!

The little guys that provide the backbone of America get bent over and worked over with a government rolling pin.

case study: Indonesian clips finger tip with saw. He is fired or hides the injury. My guy just used up $1340 for his 20 minutes in the ER. I could have fixed it with a butterfly bandage. 89cents, plus a glove..... THEY x-rayed it twice. Sterile dressing cost? $276

500$ worth of paperwork. They almost beg him to file for permanent disability. He took the stitches out himself and saved another thousand for the deranged system.

Indonesia gets to unload shiploads of our equipment at 1 cent on the dollar and laugh at our ignorance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks