Fleck 9100 Useage Mete Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

Gerrylc

Reaction score
I am trying to find out how to trouble shout the electronic meter on my Fleck 9100 system. It does not count the usage, the display stays at the same count as if it just regenerated.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
If you have a small magnet you could remove the end piece that is in the meter housing and pass the magnet over the end and see if the water spout flashes.

Is this a new challenge or one that has been going on for some time?

Gerrylc

Reaction score
The meter housing is dome shaped. It has the wires going into the housing on one side of it with a small screw to hold them in. I bought the system used and it has not worked since it was installed about a week ago. I have checked toe voltage on the pc board and it reads 15.4 vdc from the center terminal to both outside terminals and does not change when the water is flowing.

Akpsdvan

In the Trades
Reaction score
So you have the dome elect meter..
Have you passed a magnet over the end of the cable to see if there is any reading?
When you have water running is it possible to hear if the wheel in that meter assembly is turning?
It could be that the meter cable assembly needs to be replaced.. they can go bad, not often but they can go bad.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Disconnect the meter cable from the circuit board and clean the contacts and see what happens. If no help, then take the meter turbine out (of the outlet) on the control valve and make sure it spins freely by blowing on it. Blow toward it from the control valve (it measures as water flows out of the control) watching the display and see if you see and pulsing icon etc.. If so then put it back, if not then the meter, cable or circuit board is bad.

Gerrylc

Reaction score
I found the problem

The problem was resin in the gear which caused the wheel not to turn.
Thanks for those who responeded to my problem

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Thanks for letting us know what you found.

You have another problem and the meter not working was only a symptom, a hint if you will.

The volume of resin in the outlet to be able to stop the turbine wheel from spinning is indication of a serious problem like a bad o-ring around the distributor tube (up in the control valve or the tank adapter for the second tank, or a cracked distributor tube or bottom basket on the bottom of the distributor tube in either tank.

Those are the only ways that resin gets out of the tanks into your plumbing. And if the DT or bottom baskets breaks more, resin can plug up appliances and valves etc. and drive you nuts for months until you get all the resin out of the lines etc.. Which can be quite expensive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks