Oatey vs. Guy gray vs. Water tite

Users who are viewing this thread

Williaminpompano

Reaction score
In specifying plastic laundry room and ice shut off boxes, which manufacturer is superior when including air arresters. I may be really splitting hairs, but surely one must be preferred and a better product. Any opinions please???? Guy Gray vs. Oatey vs. Water Tite vs ? Which is the better product?

Thanks in advance.....
W

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Oatey is a pretty solid manufacturer, and I trust their products. However, even if I did have access to the other two brands (which I don't), I would still prefer to use the Oatey model.

TWEAK

Reaction score
I think they all look like cheap plastic boxes. If you're after a higher end installation I wouldn't use any of them. You can build your box into the wall and tile it.

In my case, I put in front load washer and dryer and installed a counter above the machines, with a tiled backsplash. Getting the hoses up through the counter would have been pretty ugly. So, I got a pair of Chicago Faucets wall valves (other manufacturers make similar valves, you can find one that fits the style of your laundry room) and brought the water supply lines out behind the machines (under the counter) so you don't see the hoses at all.

I also used an electronic water sensor to shut off the motorized ball valves at the outlet, in case the hoses leak or burst. The system also turns off the electrical power to the machines if a leak is sensed so that if the water is due to a drain leak, the washer will stop pumping the water out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks