Be Wise

Users who are viewing this thread

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
What happened???????????????????

Ballvalve's posts disappeared so my original contribution looked like the rambling of a madman. I replaced it with a pause................

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
Inject some humor, and then some genius deletes it and makes the entire thread useless.

????????????????-----fsar9q4-0459=3248t0-2=34-680bmmqmwjfq9084444-------------------- to you!

Why dont the mods make a 'lets have fun forum,' and move the funny stuff over there rather than random deletions.

Cookie

Reaction score
I consider a sense of humor a wonderful thing. I didn't delete anything,not me, no sireee... I don't have that capacity if you thought it was me, lol. That was morse code I wrote, I was brushing up, :)

It said, " I am confused" lol. I thought it was funny.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
It's a shame, because my contribution on school zones was quite excellent.

Ballvalve

Reaction score
My school zone post was very important to the world condition also. What a pity there is someone in power deleting the good stuff.

There will not be anyone to click on all these obnoxious ad's soon.

Shooting self in foot. Thought police!

Be wise! Don't delete.

Joe Six Pack

Reaction score
School zones are cool. Wehn I visited the lwoer 48 i say tehm. Except I get a ticket in one. Tehy don't have them here. I'm so sorry for ball valve taht his post is missing, and instead all there is are crummy ads that I feel teh need to click on. I don't want to clik on them, but sometimes I get cureous.
So more school zone, we don't have them, so I swonat to konw about tem.

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
This thread was started not for speed limits but for electrical safety. It was high jacked and tried to be made into some sort of a joke instead of staying on the topic of safety.

The analogy of school zone speed limits was to show that the NEC is just as much a part of the law as speed limits but then we had a couple of posters that tried to even make a joke of our children’s safety also with some off topic comments about school zone speed limits during school hours.

Now if you please let’s try to keep the subject matter of electrical safety as the main focus of our discussion.

Cookie

Reaction score
Are you passing out gold stars if we do? :) I want two, I like to share.

Cookie

Reaction score
Oh, you made me laugh, that is too funny. :) I will keep telling myself, " I am a star, I am a star..." Here I thought I was an angel.

Cookie

Reaction score
You know, JW, you don't have to be cranky cause you are out of stars...

here, this will lighten you up,

It is a school crossing joke...

This is true, very true.

One day when my son was age 6 and heading to Kindergarten for the first few times, we would walk down and the old lady school crossing guard would take us safely across the very busy road.

Well, after a while, I would stand on the opposite side of the road and let him cross alone. Oh, how he loved it.

One morning I had to walk him across and that was when, she asked, " when was your husband shot in the stomach, in Nam"?

Shot... I thought, he was shot... in the stomach? I kept walking. Thinking, she was drinking early, or confused, or confused me with someone else.

On the way back, she was still there, this time she said, " yeah, your son said, the hole was pretty big."

Now, I thought she was delusional. But, I know kids...

When, I picked him up I asked him about this. And, he described his daddy's belly button. :)

Ballvalve

Reaction score
Its not hi jacked, because we all discussed "being wise" in school zones, just an extrapolation. But now its all disturbed by foolish deletes.

Belly buttons get a little off topic I suppose.

Cookie

Reaction score
Actually, it was a joke to lighten up some people would not start bickering. And, it was afterall, a joke about school crossing guards, and they have belly buttons, too. :)

Plus, it was seriously, funny.

JWelectric

Reaction score
Belly buttons get a little off topic I suppose.
Did you notice that she said,
It is a school crossing joke... :)
This was a funny story for all to enjoy and not an attempt to discredit or belittle anyone or anything. She made the comment that it was a joke before posting and in my opinion nothing wrong.
Thank you for the humor Ms Cookie.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The only time that NFPA or OSHA will allow the working of a live circuit is to check for voltage or amperage.

Just by way of comparison: Apparently probing for volts or amps is not considered WORKING on energized equipment. Working must mean touching the live wires. But in the Navy, it is different. OPENING THE COVER of a panel or equipment is WORKING on energized, and out come the rubber mats, gloves, etc. Not trying to make a judgement.....the rules in these two different environments both make sense.

JWelectric

Reaction score
To open an energized panel would require eye protection, fire retardant clothing and other safety procedures in the electrical field also.

What happens is people see electricians working on new installations without any PPE and assume that no PPE would be required for them to work on their own system after it has been energized.

One case in point was my neighbor who received some burns after dropping a screwdriver across the busses of his panel. His comment to me was that the electrician across the street wasn’t wearing any eye protection while he was cutting in the electrical service panel. There was a big difference in the two panels. The one the electrician was working on wasn’t energized but the one my neighbor was working in was.

Then we have those who say, “Its just 120 volts. I get hit by that all the time and I ain’t dead.” Well my neighbor wasn’t shocked either but instead he was burnt and almost lost one of his eyes from the arc flash and flying molten metal from the phase short across the two busses of his panel.

Safety is no joke and it is our responsibility and no one else can feel our pain for us. There is enough energy in a 15 amp circuit to kill 150 people simultaneously and not trip the breaker or blow the fuse. 15 divided by one tenth equals 150. One tenth of an amp is enough to kill the average man and more than enough to kill any woman.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks