Did Toto change warranty period fro 5 yrs to 1 yr??

Users who are viewing this thread

Justthinking

Reaction score
Bought 2 new eco-drake yesterday and installed them today at my grandma's house..
so far so good, while they do useless water than my 1.6 gpf ultramax, they seems to flush just fine..

However, while I was reading the manual, I noticed it states the warranty period is only for 1 yr..
I thought toto offers 5 yrs warranty? At least it is what I recall when I bought my ultramax 3 yrs ago..
I also have an old parts manual pdf I saved from toto's website a couple years back when I was helping my brother fix his 1.6 gpf ultimate which had a bad flopper, that pdf file does list warranty as for 5 yrs??

anyway, when did they change the warranty from 5 yrs to 1 yr??

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Yeah Toto changed their warranty policy a few years back ....unfortunate, but I guess they had to remain somewhat competitive somehow. They still make a superior product however.

Peanut9199

Customer Service Manager Plumbing Wholesale
Reaction score
I've been selling them for 7 years now and since i have it has always been 1 year on parts 5 years on China.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
Well, if it lasts for a year and then you need a new one, that's not so bad eh?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
IF there is a defect, it will likely show up in the first few days...a couple of months at the most. Unlike a complex mechanical or electronic device, there just aren't many things that can go wrong, so you probably have a 99.99% chance of finding it in that first year. the more complex toilets, like the Neorest have a 3-year warranty, at least on the electronics...the china is still one, if I remember correctly.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Other than a manufacturing defect which is very rare with Toto toilets, there really is much to go wrong with a toilet that requires warranty. Wear parts such as flapper and fill valve are about all that have to be replaced. It's possible that a fill valve would go bad, but if it did, that would probably occur very early. I think you are fretting too much about a long term warranty.

Ian Gills

Senior Robin Hood Guy
Reaction score
With so little to go wrong, it does make you wonder why they reduced it in the first place, eh?

Perhaps they know something we don't....yet.

NJCelt

Reaction score
I have one toto (not a drake) that's 4 years old never a problem.
Has anyone had an issue with their Drake?(we're having one installed in the guest bathroom today)

Thanks

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
It hardly matters. I've been selling them since 1998, and returns are less than 1%.
That's as good as it gets in the industry.

Some have longer warranties, and more returns. I prefer not having to return bowls and tanks because they weren't inspected before being boxed and shipped.
TOTO does a really good job of inspection before they turn it over for shipment to the wholesalers.
Less than 1% according to my business records.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks