(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I don't understand parking in America

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

I do not have any vehicles that can lock a steering wheel when its in neutral. The lock is locked out.

Practice coasting, it might save your life in a Toyota.

And most of the deaths were not in Prius's

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Gills View Post
    No. My Toyota is an old one and arrived on a ship. It was made in Japan where the workforce are educated (because the taxpayer picks up the school bills) and where sick people don't fit the engines (because, again, the taxpayer fixes Japanese workers when they fall ill). So while its over 10 years old, it still runs good. I'd never buy an American made Toyota.

The guys that make those have bad backs, and some can't even see, and their families couldn't afford to send them to school for as long as they wanted to.

America will never be able to compete as long as the kid from the poor family is not given the same opportunities as the kid from the rich one. You'd be good to remember that.
    Lets post that on the Toyota factory lunchroom wall with your full name and address in pull off tags attached.

Ditto for the Liberty ship post, on all the VFW bulletin boards across America.
    Last edited by ballvalve; 12-24-2010 at 02:15 PM.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

There is no way new Toyotas are better built than the old ones.

The recalls point to that.

Does anyone disagree with that?

I think most will disagree. The parts that caught Toyota a 50 Billion dollar fine were not designed & manufactured by Chrysler.

Management HID the issue after discovery, thus the huge fee. Thats top corp. and they are not in Kentucky.

Senior Robin Hood Guy Ian Gills's Avatar

I'm scared of buying a new Toyota. The old, Japanese made ones are just so reliable.

You know the Japanese made them to last and do the unexpected. You knew the workers were given incentives to come forward and propose new ways of doing things if they thought of how something could be done better. You knew they had universal healthcare and free education.

You knew there were no pesky States. One Government, and one set of laws for all citizens. No local funnies.

You knew the workers there could buy sake (酒) on a Sunday morning from a gas station on the way to church if the mood took them.

You knew they were free.

What makes cars reliable is not so much the quality of the parts. It's how well they are put together. Put them together correctly and things wear far slower than if put together incorrectly. That was Toyota's secret.

Yes, I'd buy another Toyota (トヨタ). God forbid I'd never buy a Chevy. But would a new Yota be as good as an old one?

I doubt it.

Last edited by Ian Gills; 12-25-2010 at 03:39 PM.

No Chevy for me either, but I have a Subaru, 1990 legacy with 200,000 miles, and a 2000 Chrysler minivan with more miles. The Subaru has cost quite a bit more in parts replacement and required a new engine already.

Its really a bit of a crapshoot, as the Japanese may come to work in Japan with too much sakii still in their system as the Americans with Jim Beam.

But the machinery of construction has essentially taken out the human element in the basic assembly tasks. I think a good german Shepherd dog could work on the line in Japan or Kentucky.