Toto Eco-Drake vs Drake II (E-Max vs Double Cyclone??)

Users who are viewing this thread

Justthinking

Reaction score
I am helping my grandma to replace her old toilets and to quality for the $125 residential high-efficiency toilet rebate program here in silicon valley, I have to get toilets with 1.28 gpf or less..

I have good experience with toto ultramax 1.6 gpf but not quite sure which 1.28 gpf model to get..
(own 2 EL ultramax and 1 Rounded, only had one clog in 3+ yrs)

I have narrow the choice down to eco-drake or drake ii
The main difference between the eco version and ii version is e-max vs double cyclone..
From my reading, it seems that eco version moves more mass but double cyclone version cleans the bowl better..

In daily use, which one will actually be better?? is it a matter of picking better flush or cleaner bowl??
I really like the 1.6 gpf g-max (a lot better than the power gravity ultimate my brother has) and want to get similar performance out of 1.28 gpf, which one would you guys say is a better toilet??

cwooden82

Reaction score
I was in the same spot you are a couple of months back, ended up going for the Drake II. Very, Very happy with it, great bowl wash AND flush. Also has the CEFIONTECT finish which the eco-drake did not. Costs a bit more but definitly worth it. (plus it's just so cool to watch)

SteveW

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Go with the double cyclone. Better bowl wash, and you don't sacrifice flushing at all from what I can tell with the 3 Totos I have.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks