Replacement for Kohler Rialto?

Users who are viewing this thread

photo2010

Reaction score
I want to replace a Kohler Rialto toilet which is requiring constant plumber visits. I am considering
a TOTO Dorian because it has a low profile (I have limited space), and I believe it has power assisted flush, and the Rialto is gravity flush. (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm also considering a Blooming Bidet seat for the TOTO.
I welcome all opinions and recommendations on this. I won't be doing the work myself because I am disabled.

Thanks!

kohler-rialto.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Toto does not make a power assist flush because they are totally unnecessary. Any Toto you chose will be a good choice. The biggest problem with Kohler is their design.

photo2010

Reaction score
"The elongated one piece MS914114 Dorian toilet belongs to the Dorian Suite from TOTO. Featuring a Power Gravity flush and a 2-1/16" trap diameter,"

Is a Power Gravity flush different from a power assist flush?

Last edited:

photo2010

Reaction score
From a review on the Toto: "The elongated one piece MS914114 Dorian toilet belongs to the Dorian Suite from TOTO. Featuring a Power Gravity flush and a 2-1/16" trap diameter..."

Is Power Gravity flush different from power assist flush?

ms914114-01.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The reason they call it a power gravity, is that Toto started using a 3" flush valve and flapper instead of the traditional 2".
When Toto started making toilets for hotels, they again used a 3" flush valve, and increased the hight of the water in the tank, creating more "drop" during the flush, and called it G-Max.
I guess that means "Gravity to the Max".

The Kohler Rialto toilet is a round front, one-piece toilet. Kohler still makes that model, changing it every so often as the years go by.
We do sell many TOTO round front Ultramax toilets if someone is looking for a compact, round front bowl that is one-piece and is of good performance.
The Toto Supreme round front has a lower tank, if that's important.

Last edited:

photo2010

Reaction score
Terry,

Thanks for the explanation!
As a non-professional, just doing research on the internet is a daunting task!

Great site, thanks again!

Kevin

photo2010

Reaction score
Just checking out the recommended sellers of Toto toilets and the Dorian model has been discontinued.

I need a toilet with a fairly low-profile tank to replace the Rialto. Maybe the Toto Supreme?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I only sold one Dorian, any of the one-piece Toto toilets would work fine with a washlet or bidet seat.
I would check where you live locally first. Shippers I've talked to have been breaking about 20% of porcelain shipments when they go out as single orders.
If you buy locally, you can shake the box. I'm sure you have plenty of dealers where you live.

photo2010

Reaction score
I do all my shopping online because it is difficult for me to get out. There is a plumber who does a lot of work in
the highrise condo building I live in. Maybe I'll talk to him about buying locally and see if he can do the work
for me. Thanks again!

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
You can buy Toto toilets on line, but as Terry pointed out, it's risky because of potential breakage. When they are shipped from the factory to the suppliers, they are loaded properly so as to avoid breakage. If any are broken in that shipment, the consumer never sees them. When shipped individually, they are not protected the same as they are in the bulk and are lumped in with everything else in that load. If you do go this route, I would strongly urge you to open the boxes and inspect the contents for breakage before taking delivery. Pictures would be a good idea. With the exception of those using Unifit adapters, Toto toilets install exactly the same as any other brand.

photo2010

Reaction score
Thanks Terry and Gary. Still sorting out everything. just wondering if you can recommend a good Toto supplier in the Fairfield County, CT area?
Or is it best to find a plumber first?

Redwood

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Many of the supply houses will deliver.
Where in Fairfield County are you located?
Klaff's in Norwalk, Sach's in Stamford, WinBath in Shelton, Tubs n Stuff in Ansonia, White's in West Haven, & Modern Plumbing Supply in New Milford are just some of the dealers that cover areas of Fairfield County.

photo2010

Reaction score
Redwood,
I'm in Bridgeport. I have heard of Klaff's, been around a long time.
Thanks for the recommendations!

Many of the supply houses will deliver.
Where in Fairfield County are you located?
Klaff's in Norwalk, Sach's in Stamford, WinBath in Shelton, Tubs n Stuff in Ansonia, White's in West Haven, & Modern Plumbing Supply in New Milford are just some of the dealers that cover areas of Fairfield County.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks