What is the distance on the Aquia 412MF .10 from front to tank?

Users who are viewing this thread

Linda49

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm trying to select a bidet seat that won't 'uglify' the stylish curves of the Aquia by sticking out over the edge. The Aquia's bowl top seems quite a bit smaller than most of the bidet seats I've been researching, but the specs I have don't show the total distance between the tank and the front edge of the bowl.

I can't be sure if the Blooming 1060 will fit without an overhang. It has bolt slots which allows about 1 3/4" of front to back adjustment, this would fall within the 18.5" seat hole measurement, but the overall length of the Blooming 1060 is 21 1/16". I don't know if there is that much seat room on the Aquia.

Can anyone help?

TIA,

Linda

Last edited by a moderator:

Thatguy

Homeowner
Reaction score
If you ask, the manufacturer will supply you with dimensioned drawings.
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...&sa=X&ei=n-ELTYNVwaqUB43RxKQM&ved=0CB4Q9QEwAg
I learned that every dimension can be obtained by adding or subtracting from the ones that are shown on the drawing.

Ugly is subjective. If this is important you may want to make a full size mockup out of cardboard so you can better judge the appearance.

We are a full service contractor, Ms. 49! :D

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Does the Aquia use the same soft-close seat as the rest of the Toto line? If so, then the bidet seat should fit it as well as the standard seat.

This is what Toto says fits: http://www.totousa.com/Portals/0/BrochureDownloads/WashletComp-1009_2.pdf

You could compare the spec sheet drawings for the toilet with those of the bidet models that fit. My guess is that they all will fit about the same way.

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
If the Aquia is "oval" it is for an elongated bowl. IF it is "round" it is for a conventional bowl. 21" seems a little too deep to fit a rouhd front bowl. When you look at the bolt adjustment, you also have to consider whether the seat would "open" fully at the furthest back setting.

Linda49

Reaction score
Thanks guys for the responses. I really appreciate it.

Unfortunately, Thatguy, I don't have a proper dimension to subtract to find my answer. The only dimension for the tank that I could subtract from the total length is one from the top of the tank which is the thickest part. I think I need the bottom dimension where it tapers.

Jim, I could compare the dimensions of the Toto washlets, but I am not sure that will give me the answer I need because I won't know how tightly they fit to the tank.

Good point, HJ, about making sure the seat has enough clearance. I think they design it so there is clearance within the footprint of the seat, but the Aquia tank does seem to taper so it is likely that the seat would be forced to lean forward at the top if the bidet hinge extended beyond the 18.5" hinge hole.

The Blooming 1060 also comes in a round version which is the same width as the elongated one but only 19.2" long. Since the Aquia is small, it just might work.

I just need to know the distance behind the hinge holes on the Aquia in order to be sure.

Anybody have an Aquia and a tape measure?

Linda

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
quote; that I could subtract from the total length is one from the top of the tank which is the thickest part. I think I need the bottom dimension where it tapers.

Unfortunately, unless you NEVER intend to raise the lid, the top of the tank is the dimension you HAVE to use, because that is what the lid will rest against when open, and if it is too far "forward" the lid will just fall back down.

Linda49

Reaction score
Hi HJ,

Yes, you are right about that. Yet I still need the distance behind the seat bolt holes to know if I can use the Blooming bidet seat. Since there is a slot for the bolts on the bidet, I can set the bidet seat whereever I have to. However, whatever adjustment I have to make only works if there is enough additional room behind the bolt holes to accommodate the portion of the bidet that extends behind the bolts. Neither the bidet not the Aquia spec sheets give this crucial dimension. I need to find out the space I have to work with before I can determine whether the seat and toilet would make a good fit.

I need to clarify that the bidet's 'body' bolts to the toilet behind where the seat hinges onto the bidet. The hinge for the bidet seat is incorporated into the bidet body which is shaped like an upside down 'U' and sort of wraps around the rear of the seat. The seat itself resembles an arrowhead. Hinging it independently gives the seat even more leaning room in the case of toilets that have tanks that are thicker at the top like the Aquia.

Thanks again for your response. I appreciate that you are trying to keep me from making an expensive mistake. That's why I come here for help.

Linda

Linda49

Reaction score
I found bowl top dimensions for Aquia, Drake II and Aimes

Hi,

In case anyone else would like to know, I talked to Toto USA tech support. Brian had an Aquia on display and a tape measure. He said the same dimensions apply to the 10" rough-in Auqia. He found that the Aquia bowl was 21 1/2" from front to tank and about 14 1/2" side to side across the bowl. 18 1/2" from front to bolt hole centers set 5 1/2" apart is standard. He measured 3" from center of bolt hole to tank.

The Drake II with double cyclone and CEFIONTECT measured a quarter inch shorter at 21 3/4".

He didn't have an AImes on display. (That's the new one piece with double cyclone and CEFIONTECT finish that has an Auqia-style bowl but a flattop tank and side lever flush.) However, I found a Toto spec sheet that shows the Aimes 28 7/16" overall length and 6 7/8" tank thickness leaving 21 9/16" available for a bidet seat. Brian said the bowl width should be the same for an elongated style Toto. He also said that Toto's washlets could touch the tank and still operate. He couldn't speak for other brands, of course.

My reason for looking at the Blooming 1060 (aside from what seems to be a near fit with the Aquia) is the reviews I've read about the seat being sturdy enough to sit on. I also like the twin, aluminum nozzles. I've seen descriptions at online retailer which give much larger dimensions than the ones I found based on mm dimensions on the Blooming 1060 drawing. ( I suspect they are giving the shipping size in the descriptions.) The drawing shows 535 mm overall length which the online conversion calculator calls 21.1" I found another drawing that just calls the length 21" So now that I know the room I have to work with on the toilets I'm considering, I'll find out the real dimensions on the Blooming 1060.

Linda
blooming-bidet.jpg

Linda49

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks Terry, for adding the link and the picture of the Blooming 1060 bidet seat.

I just found out the true dimensions of the Blooming 1060 from a retailer who was kind enough to measure it. It is 15" wide by 21" long. So it will overhang on the sides a bit on the Toto toilets I was considering. At least it won't overhang at the front of the bowl where it would catch and bang the seat upon standing. I was told that it's the smallest electronic bidet seat of all the brand names this retailer carries. I believe that after all the research I've been doing. I think that only Toto's own will fit better.

I was thinking of switching my Toto toilet choice to the Vespin II to get CEFIONTECT and double cyclone flush, but Toto tech support says the distance behind the bolt holes on that one is 2 - 2 1/4". That's a lot of play, but he didn't pin it down for me. I don't think he was measuring, I think he was looking up the specs on a computer and estimating by subtracting the tank top and 18 1/2" bolt hole dimension from the total length. I need more than an educated guess before I decide to spend a grand on a toilet and a bidet seat. I've not been able to find a spec sheet that gives the tank thickness myself. It seems that spec diagrams always leave out one crucial dimension.

Anybody know the bowl length from front of bowl to front of tank on the Vespin II?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks